Sources of Creative and Design Thinking - Part 2

I do not know whether you know it, but I've written an article about creativity and posted a talk by John Cleese already two years ago.
http://ux4dotcom.blogspot.de/2010/08/sources-of-creative-and-design-thinking.html

Here is another great 36-minute speech by John Cleese (English actor and comedian - on the other hand I'm sure we all know him well ;-) about creativity. He mentions a couple interesting points: creativity is absolutely unrelated to intelligence and is more a way of operating than an ability.

Take time to watch it and enjoy.


the second video I would like to share is only watchable on YouTube - it is John Cleese on Creativity In Management




He outlines several aspects / basic principles that you can arrange to make your work and being more creative.
I've been always a firm believer that we need space and time for creativity - space in each way of its meaning - we can’t become playful, and therefore creative, if we’re under our usual pressures. And it’s not enough to create space; you have to create your space for a specific period of time. We have to give our mind as long as possible to come up with something original and unique. And learning to tolerate the discomfort of poring and ruminant periods and indecision. Last but not least its important to trust in oneself - Nothing will stop you being creative so effectively as the fear of making a mistake - I firmly believe to have the power, trust and courage for leaving gaps and to build bridges at the right time. John Cleese thought about and knows a lot about creativity. And I like the way he share his knowledge and his way of thinking.

off topic ...
btw. I like to mention one of his latest commercials, and I am not sure whether I like it or not - But make up your own mind and come with your own conclusion.

Comments